Friday, February 17, 2012

i'm back and here to stay!

What can I say besides...I'm back! And I hope I stick around this time!
Cross your fingers for me :)

Over the past while, I have been following and reading blogs like crazy. Every time I would check back for new posts, I'd think, "I really should start writing on my blog again..." but I didn't do anything about it until now. It's been a little while coming, but I've changed my blog up, added a few tweaks here and there  (in my case, it seems like the designing of a blog is the biggest obstacle to actually writing on it...I have to get it just right!), and I'm feeling rejuvenated.

Never in a million years could I update you on everything that I've been up to over the past year. 
But here's the short list:

1. BYU round 1: complete. BYU round 2: in process...going by way too quickly.

2. summer in Florida working at Disneyworld. best and hardest summer ever. occasionally felt like slave labor, but going to Disney whenever we wanted made the hard days worth it. made life long friendships who I honestly can't imagine not having in my life! Bryce, Brynne, Jamie, Amanda, Mallory, Meagan, y'all are THE best. 

3. currently "living the Riv". yes, that is my apartment complex's slogan, and my roommates and I most definitely live the Riv well. 

4. declared a major...exercise and wellness! totally unexpected, but totally perfect. I never would have thought even 4 months ago that I would be taking an anatomy class, but I'm loving it!

5. slaved away for BYU Catering, quit, and got hired as the receptionist for a dental office. best job ever!

So many things can change in a year, it is absolutely amazing! People drift out of our lives, but others also drift in that we can't imagine living without. What I was most worried about has completely changed, and I can't even remember all those old worries. That's a lesson right there in not getting too hung up on the here and now. Just be your best self and things will work out.

perspective

I have met so many people over the past year, and I have been influenced by each of them in countless ways. I was scared out of my mind a year ago for what the unknown future would hold, and I never could have imagined beforehand that I would be blessed with such a variety of life experiences that have helped me to mature, discover hidden talents, and grow into myself more. Each person and situation I have encountered have helped to mold me into the person that I am becoming, and I couldn't be more thankful for the unexpected turns that my life has taken up to this point. I can't wait to see what happens next! 

Join me in my adventures as I record my musings of life :)
until next time...peace and blessings y'all!

life is what you make it!





3 comments:

  1. Loved reading ur thoughts! It really is amazing what can happen in a year!... The beautiful part is that u recognize ur growth and blessings! U are such a doll! I wanna hear bout ur summer in disneyworld life!

    ReplyDelete