Sunday, July 18, 2010

An ode to To-Do lists.

hi y'all! how are ya?

So my summer isn't exactly winding down (well it sort of is), but it's getting to that point where it feels like I have (or I wish I had) a lot more time left than I actually do. Tomorrow I hit the one month mark of having exactly one month until I go down to school which is freaky to think about! And between now and then, so much needs to be accomplished, but there's also so much that I would like to do with my friends! Who knows where we will all be next summer, and a ton of guys will be gone or leaving on missions!!

At this point in time is when I tend to fall easily into panic attacks about getting everything done, despite my best efforts to stay calm. So what do I resort to?? A most wonderful thing known as....a To-Do List!!!! I can tell already how thrilled you are.

If you are not familiar with the calming powers of to-do lists, I urge you to experiment with it and try it at home. Don't you want to experience that wonderful feeling of checking everything off and throwing that little piece of paper in the trash? And then what happens? You start all over again! This is intense, I know.

I will now give you a near-perfect example of how your to-do list should look (or maybe I just really need to write mine down since I haven't done that yet...)

Shelby's Pre-College To-Do List
  • buy/obtain everything that will be needed to furnish dorm room
  • buy my ALL SPORTS PASS! may not seem all that important, but it's at the top of my list...
  • create a resume...start applying for on-campus jobs in August
  • need a laptop/printer!
  • have orthodontist fix teeth and broken retainer
  • attend family reunion
  • read some books ;)
  • prepare for orchestra audition!?! ah!!!
  • finish my Personal Progress...it's a church thing
  • fix broken AC in the Mini Cooper
  • return lots of emails to people that I haven't written back to yet
this could probably go on and on, but my brain is not fully functioning at the moment. but trust me, writing lists is so cathartic. you never know, you might just be missing out on the one thing that's stopping you from keeping your busy life in order!

I do live a slightly more exciting life than just writing lists for myself, I promise!

What's in store for this week? (or the next several...)

1. Watch season finale of True Beauty with crappy television friend. name: wes turner. he's a cool kid :)
As for this TV show, it's a classic, let me tell ya. Check it out on hulu! haha
2. See Inception? Despicable Me?
3. Hang out with LISA BLUTH!!! one of my really close friends from Georgia who's coming out for a visit :)
4. Go to an epic family reunion over the 24th of July. When the Williams clan gets together, we party hard. It can get dangerous. haha

well that was random. and there's even more!

this video is a must see. made by byu students advertising the library, but by doing a parody of the Old Spice commercials.

until next time...enjoy your summertime!


No comments:

Post a Comment